Call queries obtained from an API response(External Queries) and not the queries in the panel

Hello all, this is my first post on this community. Please excuse my rookie mistakes. But since this won’t be my last post on this forum, please do point my mistakes out. I’ll try to explain my requirement as properly as possible.

• What Grafana version and what operating system are you using?
    I am using grafana 7.5.1 version on macOS Catalina.

• What are you trying to achieve?
    I am trying to create a plugin that takes in an API and calls the API on render/refresh. The API will return a graph configuration. That graph will be shown on the panel window using Cytoscape.

• How are you trying to achieve it?
    I am working on making use of the open source code of Service Dependency Graph plugin by Novatec to create the necessary changes to add my use case.

• Here is my requirement:

1. The output of the API will return certain queries that are to be executed. No queries will be added to the panel’s edit option statically.
    2. When ever we refresh the dashboard page, the plugin should not only show the graph configuration, but also should call the queries (and the respective datasources) that it’s fetching from the API at the current time.
    3. These queries are to be called from inside the code.
  • What happened?
    We haven’t been able to find a way to call the queries from inside the code. So if we can get an idea on how to do this, it would be really helpful. Thanks.

Here’s the link of the SDG-Novatech open source code we are using as a reference.

Please let me know if I have to provide anymore information. Also I apologise if my question in unclear, I am willing to provide as much information as required. Thanks.

Hi @keshavbiyani98,

Have you familiarized yourself with the fundamental steps to developing plugins for Grafana?