Always show a Name in single-stat panel (even when 'no data')

I’m trying to create an overview-dashboard that shows the status of a fairly large number of stations that we’re monitoring.
I’m using single-stat panels for this, that are listening to the ‘last’ of a Status int variable. Based on this variable, the tiles change color. (1 = okay, 2 = warning, etc)
It’s also possible that a station is down, and sends no data. In that case, the tile should turn grey.

My challenge is the following: I want the tiles to show the name of the station at all times (only color should change).
If I set Text Mode to ‘Name’ this works fine when data comes in. The station name is shown.
If I set Text Mode to ‘Value’ (or ‘Name and Value’) this works fine when there is no data. The name is shown, as I can set the station name in the ‘no value’ field.

But if I set Text Mode ‘Name and value’ and data does come in, the tile shows the station name and the integer from the status variable.
If I set Text Mode ‘Name’ and there is no data, the ‘empty’ replacement value is not shown and the tile turns empty.

Basically, to always show the name, I need Text Mode Value in one case, and Name in the other.
I’ve been trying to hack around it with overrides , but so far no luck.
Does anyone have a suggestion on how this can be done?

Did you find a work around for this? I have exactly the same requirement!

Thanks!

I too am struggling with this on Grafana v7.4.3 (010f20c1c8). Is there any chance this is fixed in v8?

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.