About welcome_email_on_sign_up parameter on grafana.ini

Hello guys, we are currently configuring our company grafana service, and when configuring the basic part of SMTP, this parameter caught our attention. It would be nice to be able to send a Welcome mail with a basic Tutorial of how to use or view our things for our users, but we were not able to find any info about how to configure this setting.

The parameter does not even appear on the Configuration Section of the Web, and the only info we got googling is on grafana’s github repository, which we saw there are .html templates. We searched on our instance (A GCP click & deploy) and we did not find any folder with them.

So, can someone point us to the Right Doc or show us how to set this up?
thank you in advance!

Ok!
We located them on /usr/share/grafana/public/emails.
The problem we have is that this welcome email only works with local logins. Is there any way to config this with Google signs up?

Hi @iconde
I am sorry there does not seem to be a way to do this with config. I would say not sending a welcome email if signup is through Oauth is a bug. I created 2 issues for both the signup email and missing docs for the email section:

Thank you @aocenas for your response. We suscribed to the thread notifications to get updated with further news.